Tuesday, March 3, 2009

First apt

Well yesterday was my first dr's apt.
It was just with the nurse, and they took my blood and my weight
and tried to hear the baby's heartbeat with a doppler, even though she said it is to soon to hear it with a doppler b/c i'm not 10 weeks yet, we were unable to hear it:( I have a tilted uterus which will make it harder to find it

But after the apt. I decided that, that was not the facility for me. There are 5 dr.'s there and even if i schedule a apt with the same dr everytime, i am not guaranteed that dr. will deliver my baby. I want a more personal experience with someone who will know my body, I have decided to switch to a midwife who will deliver at the hospital. She is great and her practice is wonderful.
I want someone who is all about babies not a person who will be there a hour before the baby is born
So my first apt with the midwife is the 16th, where they will do a doppler again and then on the 23rd they will possibly do a u/s

2 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you're switching. I like my doc b/c he's got the U/S machine in his office that I go into. It's so personal that the receptionist knows me upon answering the phone.

    I also think that they should've had you seeing the doctor instead of the nurse, hopefully the midwife is 10xxx better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks manda!! i know the receptionist seemed so much nicer!!!

    ReplyDelete